This recipe has a few great qualities to it….
It has FIVE ingredients or less.
It has an estimated 260 calories.
It has my FAVORITE cheese , Feta.
It was very easy to make!!!
1/2 cup crumbled reduced fat feta cheese
2 tbsp prepared pesto sauce
1/4 tsp black pepper plus more to taste
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp olive oil – omitted
3 tbsp fresh basil, rough chop
1. In a bowl, combine feta, pesto and black pepper.
2. Using a sharp knife, butterfly the chicken. Do not cut all the way through. Repeat for all chicken breasts.
3. Add 2 tbsp of the stuffing into the pocket of each breast. Secure pockets with toothpicks and sprinkle a little more black pepper to taste.
4. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken breast and cook until browned and cooked through, about 6-8 minutes per side.
4. I did not cook mine on the stove. I baked mine in the oven for 22.00 minutes at 400 degrees.
5. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes before cutting into them. Sprinkle with basil.
The picture is not flattering, however I was trying to get a photo of the ‘stuffing’ before it oozed out.
It needs some other flavoring on the outside. Maybe a light marinade? I used some s&p, garlic powder and onion powder… didn’t do much but it wasn’t bad
Cooking it in the oven was a good choice 1) because it stayed nice and juicy 2) didn’t have to deal with the calories from the EVOO.
Would definitely cook again!
Recipe adapted from Weight Watchers