Happy Tuesday Folks. I am already looking forward to the weekend. Here in Central Florida it is supposed rain for 4 days. Yipee… WE NEED IT SO BADLY… Especially when you have a newly sodded back yard 🙂
I finally started making some new recipes again. Tonight we had Garlicky Breadcrumb Pasta. You must be a GARLIC lover to enjoy this recipe. Its a simple, low ingredient recipe.
Garlicky Breadcrumb Pasta
- 2/3 cup of breadcrumbs. I used Italian Breadcrumbs that I had in the cupboard already.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided.
- 6 garlic cloves, minced. I have the pre-minced garlic. About 1/2 tsp = 1 clove
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley This is the only ingredient I did not use
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt. I only used 1/4 because I was using the seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder – this was my addition to the recipe.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes. Return pan to heat. Stir in breadcrumbs, and cook 6 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and oil; drain. Place pasta in a large bowl. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, breadcrumbs, parsley, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper; toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.
As I was eating, I was thinking of a way to add UMPH to the dish. . . If this is to plain for you and your family, try adding grilled chicken or fresh sauteed veggies ( squash, zucchini, etc). Otherwise, it is perfect for picky eaters and vegetarians.
Recipe adapted from: My Recipes !